There's a feature this morning on CNN about Whooping cough (pertussis), an infectious bacterial disease that causes uncontrollable coughing and is often fatal to young infants. I thought Whooping Cough had been wiped out in the US, but it seems the disease is being brought into this country by, oh, never mind. One more on my list of how I believe we're being insidiously terrorized by vague, low profile enemies.
When I was six months old, I caught whooping cough before I received my DPT shot.
Mama said she was afraid to leave me at the house with Daddy and my 8 year old brother when she went twice a day to milk the cows, for fear I would choke to death. She put me in a wicker clothes basket set in the cow trough while she milked.
When I was forty years old, an infectious disease doctor told me he was 'going to treat you like a baby' and gave me the shot for Diphtheria and Tetanus I'd missed.
2 comments:
Sorry! I hate it when I make a mistake.
Thank you for visiting my blog and for your interesting comment about the statue in Rome. I haven't lived in this area long but my husband says he has heard the story before.
I can remember hearing on the radio some years ago that someone had put overalls on the Vulcan in Birmingham.
Post a Comment