
I'm happy to report that it is running! The filter (about the size of a a four-gallon bucket) is supported on a stepladder with a 4" pipe twice the length it will eventually be, running to the intake, the Controller with CRT is supported on a stool, a tank of gas with hoses on the side opposite the battery, which he disconnected while I watched after I heard 'how quiet it runs.' The exhaust pipe looks like the pipes on the other irrigation engines. He's still not happy with the radiator hose. It took nearly a day to coax it to run because of the errors the controller kept perceiving.
Hooray for engineers with email, and online manuals. I didn't make photos, I'm just posting the one from the manufacturer. It's much more impressive with the radiator in place.
It's been a marvelous project. The RTV has now changed places with the smaller tractor so the PTO/clutch can be repaired. I hope there are sufficient projects left to take us to cold weather. There's still that old engine Marvin found. It has to be attached to something constructive.
No comments:
Post a Comment